Multiple Displays issue in classroom

wingedoak 16:34 12 Aug 2017

I am a teacher with a large classroom. The room us very narrow, but long. Consequently, I inevitably have students in the back that can't see. To get around this problem, I am trying to have both a front-of-room and back-of-room display.

My main computer connects to a projector. I currently splice those so that I drag what I want to display over to the projector screen.

I have a 2nd computer in the back of the room, connected to a Promethean board. I would like to set it up so that whatever is showing up on my projector screen, also shows on that 2nd computer, and therefore the Promethean.

Any ideas of how I could accomplish this?

We use Windows 7/10 if that factors in.

Thank you!!!

difarn 17:16 12 Aug 2017

I'm wondering if you have considered something like Classflow Connect which mirrors the primary class display?

click here the school budget can cope with this is another matter!

I too had a difficult classroom. In the end I had to re-orientate my room so that my projector displayed in the centre of one of the two long walls. It worked quite well and I didn't have the problem of having half of the class with their backs towards me whilst they were watching a presentation.

Whether

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017