Multifunction Device Query

sobeitjedi 13:59 05 Aug 2008

Hi.

I need to purchase a multifunction device (printer, copier) and have been looking at the HP laserjet M3035XS.

However, I need to know if it will do 1 thing .... for example ... if you say put a 10 page document in and you want say 10 copies will print ten separate copies which are separated/offset on the device, or will I have to go through the pages to find where each page 10 ends and the next page starts.

I can't seem to find this info. Can anyone help? I think what I'm after is functionality called a stacker. However, there are conflicting reports around regarding if this device has a stacker or not. For example...

No stacker: click here

but this link says it does have a stacker: click here

Confused?

Or maybe someone can suggest an alternative device?

jack 14:29 05 Aug 2008

products with built in COLLATORS
This is a professional item and cost lots and take lots of room.

With regard normal printing you can print progressively 1 complete document at a time then repeat .[print evens then turn and print odds]
You can also with some printer reverse the print order last page first so that it is delivered ready for the next stage.
Within the Laser printer range there is the opportunity to multiplex[print both side simultaneously]- but this does not happen with ink jet machines I think.

jack 14:34 05 Aug 2008

Because the links you supplied did not responds.
Looking the the HP laser model direct I can see your were referring to a laser machine.
So Providing the machine prints two sides and prints in revers order it should one complete doc at a time rather than piles of single pages to be hand collated.

woodchip 14:36 05 Aug 2008

This can be done in the Printer Settings when you click print. Under Properties may be

woodchip 14:38 05 Aug 2008

I use Corel WordPerfect 8 It collates in the Printer as above

woodchip 14:41 05 Aug 2008

Sorry just looked, its added by WordPerfect to the Printer settings to let me do it

sobeitjedi 14:43 05 Aug 2008

Whoa whoa whoa!

Think you are all losing the point a bit. It's mainly the functionality of a copier I'm after. I want one with collate/sorting/stacking or whatever it's called. I thought the M3035xs had it, but I'm not sure.

woodchip 14:49 05 Aug 2008

As jack says you will have to pay a lot out to do it like that. My Office suit does it but thats all I can offer

sobeitjedi 14:58 05 Aug 2008

Price is not an option (but the cheaper the better of course). I just need to find a device.

jack 15:51 05 Aug 2008

If you think about it, what you are visualizing is what is done in a commercial print shop because a standard offset printer or photo copier prints single pages which have to be turned for reverse side printing.

Computer based printers will print complete documents whether 2 or 200 pages one page after another sequentially.
A laser duplex printer will also do both sides at once so the output is a complete 'book' per delivery
no problem. No added 'lumps' required

sobeitjedi 15:59 05 Aug 2008

Reverse side printing? Duplex? This is not a requirement, I have never mentioned that I wanted this.

I am not visualizing what is done in a commercial environment.

I just want a copier that does sorts my output into batches. It's very simple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?