Multi port USB hub.

GR50 17:42 05 Jan 2008

Hi,

I Have been tasked by my boss into looking at audio/podcasts.

I work for a large events company and we would like to loan a cheap MP3 player to visitors that come into our events/sites with a sort of description about what's going on, who to look out for, where the toilets are etc.

We would like to record this ourselves and basically drag and drop the file onto a heap of MP3 players. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this?

Specifically my question is; is it possible to buy a USB hub with say 20+ ports on it, then just transfer an audio file en masse to these players?

Many thanks and who knows you might help me get a pay rise!!

GR

Diemmess 18:05 05 Jan 2008

Belkin do a 15 port one (Google)
click here

All this assumes that your plan is the best way of doing this!

Technotiger 18:09 05 Jan 2008

You can certainly link numerous USB hubs together, like a daisy-chain, up to 21 Ports quite easily, the hubs may need to be Powered. Three x 7 Port click here

So the rest should not be too difficult I would think.

GR50 13:52 08 Jan 2008

Diemmess,

Do you have another idea for my problem?

Diemmess 14:25 08 Jan 2008

Sorry GR50, I don't

I don't have any experience with "portable Hi-Fi" either, but rescued that item via Google.

I can only imagine what you intend, but once the definitive mp3 file is perfected, it might be simpler to find an office minion and have that person repeat a copy of the file to a single player as many times as necessary.

Not elegant perhaps but it should't be too daunting.

GR50 21:12 08 Jan 2008

Diemmess,

I think I am that office minion.

MAJ 21:58 08 Jan 2008

You didn't tell us you got a promotion, GR50, shame on you. ;)

DieSse 00:12 09 Jan 2008

Build your own? click here|en&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?