Multi Monitors High Resolution

dandew 00:30 16 Sep 2011

Please help. I want several monitors ( at least 3 ) all high Res 1920:1080 or higher.

Have read so many help pages and can not find useful answer I have several computers ( powerful ) driving 2 suitable monitors file off PciExpress slots. MBs have only one such slot each.

I built one of those myself and am quite prepared to built another to satisfy above requirements.

I have read of USB devices for this purpose but they seem to supply only lower resolutions.

My main problem is finding a MB with 2 PceE X16 slots and then Cards which will work together ( not particular whether SLI or Crossfire.

At this point I am using Win 7 and XP and either will do on new cptr for my purposes.

This subject is bewildering for me. I know the Finaancial companies and many others use multiple monitors for years so it must be possible ( at required high Res )

Can anyone advise.

woody 10:50 16 Sep 2011

I can not help much with mother board questions but i run three screens at "1920"x"1200". I use two cards to feed three screens. The three screens are used as one desk top (some use all screens for the same data IE the same pic/info is on all screens).Two ,or more,matching cards are usefull as you may want to join them at some stage for more power. Ask if this has not helped and i will try to answer.

aquatarkus 11:37 16 Sep 2011

Triple Monitors

Hi i also run 2 x systems, 1 with triple monitors and 1 with quad monitors. All are 1920 x 1200 or 1920 x 1080. on the triple monitor set up i use a Radeon HD6750, 2 of the monitors are connected via the dvi outputs and the 3rd is using a Saphire Active display port converter. This converts the display port on the card to DVI. The important thing here is that to connect 3 monitors up this way you must use an ACTIVE adaptor, there are passive ones but they wont work. If however you have a monitor with a display port then the active adaptor is not required and you can then just use the display port cable. To run 4 monitors i use 2 x Radeon HD6750 cards with 2 x monitors connected to each. There are a number of other options probably the best if your not into games are the cards by Matrox which can run upto 16 displays.

Regards

Aquatarkus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?