Multi Map - saving web page fo later.

the hick 07:04 23 Jul 2008

When I save pages in this, then open them again, the map bit is blank. Tried several times. Any advice please, what am I doing wrong? No errors coming up either.

Gongoozler 07:34 23 Jul 2008

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Although I know very little about web pages and their design, I think what is happening is that you are only saving the HTML code for the page and not the graphic. When I want to save a map from a site such as Multimap, or more often from Google Maps, I save a screen image. Press the Print Screen key to copy the image and paste the image into a graphics program (Irfanview will do but Paintshop pro or Corel Photopaint are better because you can then crop the picture to just the map) and then save it as jpeg.

brundle 07:55 23 Jul 2008

Drag a box across the irfanview image and press Ctrl-Y to crop

BT 07:59 23 Jul 2008

For a free photo program its hard to beat Paint.Net
click here
It has most of the features - including cropping - that you need. I often use it for doing screen captures

Technotiger 08:23 23 Jul 2008

To save all the hassle of copy/paste/edit in a paint program, why not use the free FastStone Capture rather than PrtScn ...... you can still edit the picture to your hearts content and even add notes and arrows and things to highlight any points.

click here ignore the price quoted - it is Free for private use!

One of those programs which makes one wonder how you ever managed without it LoL .......

nosharpe 09:00 23 Jul 2008

Multimap uses Javascript to display the maps and this doesn't "save" like you can with normal HTML pages.

Technotiger 09:08 23 Jul 2008

[URL=click here][IMG]

Technotiger 09:19 23 Jul 2008

[URL=click here][IMG]

David4637 15:56 25 Jul 2008

Multimap uses Javascript to display the maps and this doesn't "save" like you can with normal HTML pages.
I don't even get a map displayed just a blank map box, any ideas. Thanks David

Technotiger 17:20 25 Jul 2008

I don't even get a map displayed just a blank map box, any ideas. Thanks David

Have you not looked at my two examples above ???

David4637 15:56 26 Jul 2008

I already have SnagIt a super screen capture and scrollling capture which is brilliant.
My query was I don't get a map displayed on the multi map web site, let alone trying to save it. Hence my query "any ideas." Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?