multi card reader

ternard 10:15 13 Aug 2005

I have a mult-card reader, and when I plug it in, all the drives on it are listed. When I have finished using the drive I need, I click the icon and stop it before unplugging. The problem is I get a pop-up saying that I have unplugged and this can cause the system to crash. How can I stop all the drives, to unplug safely.

Satmansq 10:20 13 Aug 2005

On the task bar have you been using the safely remove hardware icon. Looks like a plug with a green arrow above it. This sounds like the solution to your problem.

The Old Mod 10:24 13 Aug 2005

Yes, you need to use the Safely remove Hardware icon in system tray as Satmansq says.

roygbiv 17:00 13 Aug 2005

I have the same problem,after using the icon (in the taskber) to stop USB devices (printer pen drive) I get a window saying that device was unplugged and can cuase problems??? omnibook 900 laptop windows 2000pro Belkin USB2 notebook card (fsu222).

DieSse 17:19 13 Aug 2005

You should use the safe disconnect tray icon - but I've never known not using it to cause a problem in real life, even tho' you do get the warning message.

ternard 21:24 13 Aug 2005

DieSse
You may be right. I always get that message, but have never had a problem in spite of it. It does seem to me that there is no way of stopping all the drives in a multi-card reader. I do not have the problem with other devices.

Chris Webster 22:50 13 Aug 2005

When I left click once on my green arrow icon all my usb multi-card reader drives (e, f, g and h) are listed on one line. If I click on the line all my drives are disconnected.

Cheers, Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?