Muliple desktop photds

loopyloo 15:41 15 Oct 2008

Is there any way I can show multiple photos on my desktop for wallpaper.

Rahere 15:45 15 Oct 2008

I don't think it's built in to XP (I don't have Vista) but you can combine them into a single image in the form of a collage as a workaround.

Technotiger 15:53 15 Oct 2008

Yes - open each of the photos you want to use, size them so that they fit along-side and/or above each other in whatever layout you require on your desktop. When your desktop is fully covered with photos, simply take a Screenshot using FastStone Capture. The screenshot will then appear in your My Pictures and you can choose to use it as Wallpaper.

Technotiger 16:05 15 Oct 2008

Just by way of a quick example ...

click here]

loopyloo 16:14 15 Oct 2008

Technotiger Sorry I don't quite understand your method. Which program do I have to use.

woodchip 16:22 15 Oct 2008

You could stitch photos in a photo editing program then save as a new file to use as wallpaper

Rahere 16:24 15 Oct 2008

If you don't have a phot editing program you can try Picasa from the ubiquitous Google. here's a link to guide you through a collage using the program click here

Rahere 16:26 15 Oct 2008

Oh and you might need to save picture as a .bmp file for wallpaer depending on your version of Windoze

Technotiger 16:47 15 Oct 2008

Download and Install Pic-a-View32, then Register it as follows to unlock the Full Program - Reg Name ACD DENNIS, Reg Number 697654457. Please note, this is NOT an illegal crack, this is from the magazine Computer Buyer, July 2001.

click here

To take the Screen-shot as per my earlier post, download and install FastStoneCapture click here free for private use.

brambles 17:16 15 Oct 2008

Open a new Word document in landscape. Create a table with 1 row 2 columns.
Put your cursor in the left cell you have created & then insert the first photograph. Adjust the photo size with your mouse and the shift key. Now put your cursor in the right cell and do the same with the other photograph.

Brambles

loopyloo 21:20 15 Oct 2008

Thank you everyone for your help. I will give it a try and if I have any problems I will come back here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires