MSVCR80.dll

kobaltzx 15:15 02 Aug 2010

I removed ms office trial from my laptop. Power point viewer then stopped working with the message MSVCR80.dll not found.I uninstalled ppviewer d/loaded ppviewer & installed. It worked fine until ms downloads were installed then problem returned.Most d/ls were for ms office but ms says they are important so i can't ignore.Anyway they stay on taskbar if i don't instal.Tried repair but no joy.How to get ppviewer only + ms works is all i need. Any help would be appreciated as i feel i'm going round in circles. My system is vista home premium.

Taff™ 15:31 02 Aug 2010

click here for the MS Office removal instructions. I suggest you need the "Fix it For Me" link at the bottom.

Then re-install the PP Viewer.

I would further recommend Open Office which is compatible with MS Office programs like Word and Excel. (You just need to change the save settings in Tools>Options - Load/Save) click here

You may also need to reload the Office Compatibility Pack for Office 2007 click here

kobaltzx 16:39 02 Aug 2010

No problems getting rid of all office stuff.Do not need open office, just MS WORKS & PPviewer without ms downloads removing or screwing up the MSVCR80.dll

kobaltzx 12:23 05 Aug 2010

Gave up with PPViewer 2007.D/loaded PPViewer 2010 & all is now o.k.Inow have what i wanted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?