MSN versus Skype

VNAM75 21:21 04 May 2007

Which is better for PC to PC voice calls?

Technotiger 21:37 04 May 2007

Hi, IMHO Skype is best - I use it a lot.

Snec 22:09 04 May 2007

I haven't used MSN so I can't comment on that but, like Technotiger, we use Skype a lot talking to relatives in Australia and the USA. The quality is equal or better than on with a conventional phone to these places.

baldtaco 22:34 04 May 2007

Skype, run as a no install portable app +-:-)

bluto1 23:09 04 May 2007

I agree with Snec. Skype is best. (like your name)

Ptolemy 23:52 04 May 2007

I've used MSN/Windows Live for ages, but I've found that lately it has become worse and worse for voice calls. Loss of call, extremely poor quality - I think the newest versions of Messenger is intended for file transfer around businesses with very high bandwidth lines.

I switched to Skype a couple of days ago for voice calls is far superior (although file transfer is slow).

rupie 00:02 05 May 2007

I have never used MSN but I have used Skype and it is great, never had problems. Skype is owned by either google or ebay or someone similar but not microsoft

Bagsey 09:25 05 May 2007

Tried both and think Skype is wonderful both for PC to PC which is free or to other phone which is very cheap. I have video cam setup which is very good.
I use my house phone to talk as cant handle headphones (hearing aids and speaker feed back)etc.

VNAM75 11:24 05 May 2007

Yes, I have used Skype often but not MSN. Skype is very clear (especially if you've got decent speakers, it is far superior to phone for quality). (bluto1, my name denotes my country and year of birth)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone