MSN remote assistance

Rick_X 11:42 17 Jan 2006

Can anyone help, I'm at the end of my tether trying to figure this one out. My other half's PC runs Win XP Home (SP2 - all updates installed) and I cannot for the life of me get Messenger remote assistance to work. Every time I get an invitation I get a failure message within seconds of accepting.

I have configured the firewall (ZA) to allow the ports, I have upgraded both Windows and MSN messenger to the latest versions. I have been in touch with MS who advised all the above and then went mental suggesting that Messenger was built on 64-bit code and thus wouldn't work on the 32-bit version of XP (I have the email it's bizzare). Can any one suggest ANYTHING? I'm desperate and kep getting help requests from my parents etc that are impossible to do over the phone!

Chegs ®™ 14:32 17 Jan 2006

I found the precise same problem recently whilst trying to demonstrate remote assistance to someone.Even weirder,I can't remote control her laptop but she could control my desktop?

As I had so many hassles getting remote assistance to work,I used click here instead.

Softstag 14:47 17 Jan 2006

Sometimes it just doesn't want to play. You need to make sure all appropriate ports are forwarded to both machines.

Rick_X 15:15 17 Jan 2006

All ports etc.. have been set as advised via email from MS themselves. RA still doesn't work. Thanks for the link Chegs but there are a ton of people who ask me for help and getting them to install that software would be a nightmare. Just wondered if anyone has ever encountered this and solved the mystery??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?