msn not letting me in

only me 19:15 16 Apr 2004

help, can someone tell me what to do, MSN is not letting me sign in, saying i have user name wrong or password wrong, i have checked in my file and i have right name+ password, i tried to rejoin, but it would not let me in. Has anyone got a email address to write to at msn please. Don

anon1 19:30 16 Apr 2004

when you try to log in just click the remind me button and they will mail you the log in details.

ade.h 20:26 16 Apr 2004

I had the same problem when I started using MSN last year; it took a couple of attempts to get the server to remember my correct details by re-setting them. The glitch has not happened since, though, so persevere with it if it happens again.

only me 09:35 17 Apr 2004

Ok, i have sent a request for MSN to send me details, to my main email address, of what is wrong, now have to wait up to 24 hours for reply.
will keep you informed , thanks

Wak 10:00 17 Apr 2004

Hi, I had the same problem and no matter how I changed the passport details, I still couldn't get in.
I have eventually sorted the problem out and it could be due to blocked cookies.
Have a look on the Status bar just above the clock and see if you have a small, red NO ENTRY sign there.(next to the padlock) It's the Privacy Report.
If you have, then go to TOOLS/ Internet Options/ Privacy tab and check out the cookies listed in the Web Sites panel at the bottom of the page.
Check for all Microsoft or MSN cookies that are blocked. Either remove them from the list or make them ALLOWED.
Also check any other program which deals with Cookies (Cookie Jar, etc.) as you will never get through to MSN if you block or don't allow their cookies.
My problems arose when I tried to get the free Update CD but I finally managed it after sorting out the Web Site cookies.
Best of Luck.

Colinp 12:26 17 Apr 2004

The problems last night were at MSNs end.

ade.h 19:23 17 Apr 2004

Wak has made a good point there; cookies are a weak point of the MSN system, as it imports your IE privacy settings each time you run it. If your IE privacy slider is too high and you haven't set any exceptions as Wak suggests, then you won't get far.

only me 10:16 18 Apr 2004

i uninstalled msn, then reinstalled, it worked but no icon on task bar, not a real problem as i go to start/programs click on it from there.
thanks to all those who replied.DON

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?