MSN Messenger Plus problem

Rhuddlan 23:11 29 Sep 2005

I have win xp home sp2 and msn messenger 7.5 with messenger plus, in the recent activity log which I view most days, the list seems to go in different orders, for example the times on the left hand side are all over the place, 21.00hrs could be at the bottom and 23.00 at the top, they used to be in order and I have made no changes and all of a sudden this happens. And recentley I have been signed out of messenger without my input, I keep the net connected 24/7 and I stay logged into msn messenger as well, but sometimes in the early hours of the morning, it seems to flag my account and sign back in as online, when I leave it as appear offline, my net connection stays connected, so it can't be a disconnected connection, any ideas?

Yoda Knight 10:04 30 Sep 2005

Did you say NO to installing the sponsor software when you installed Messenger Plus ? If not, you are infected with spyware/adware/malware/god knows what...which could explain the strange behavior

Try uninstalling it and then run a scan from click here

Rhuddlan 16:03 30 Sep 2005

I did say no, I have ran ad aware, spybot and spywareblaster and all comes up clean, I have also got AVG and ZA, so I think I'm pretty safe, any other ideas?

Rhuddlan 11:09 01 Oct 2005

bump

RobCharles1981 11:22 01 Oct 2005

I had a similer problem, I download msn messenger plus (the latest one) and some adware/spyware installed Microsoft Antispyware removed it but msn plus should be sorted out its so dodgy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?