MSN MESSENGER ISSUE

scooby43 15:32 29 Oct 2003

hi all just a note to let everyone know who uses msn messenger does anyone get this message

"you have been signed out of the .net service because you have been signed in from another location ?"

I find it strange because msn messenger 6 that I am using does this. I have changed my password, and I have been getting it again today and I dont know what the message means has anyone else had this happen. My other thoughts were as I am using windows xp whether its windows messenger trying to sign in at the same time but I have stopped it from opening.

thanks

vienna1981 15:49 29 Oct 2003

i've never had that message but i do get a lot of sign in problems

Chegs ? 16:43 29 Oct 2003

The above message usually occurs due to Windows Messenger.I would be tempted to remove Win Mess completely(Uninstall via Add/Remove)

huzzar 17:40 29 Oct 2003

Chegs? is quite right - if you have both Windows and MSN messenger on your computer you will get this message. You have to decide which you want to use and delete/disable the other.

scooby43 19:31 29 Oct 2003

thanks for your postings I have windows messenger disabled via its options so it dosnt start up when windows loads, is this the main problem I got worried just incase it was something else.

Proxy Worm 19:35 29 Oct 2003

I think windows messenger is running in the backround. Either remove it using a tool or sign into that all the time. Msn 6 is not compatible with two applications so just remove the windows messenger.

scooby43 20:18 29 Oct 2003

ok thanks for the postings

scooby43 19:40 30 Oct 2003

I have manged to uninstall windows messenger via add/remove ill see how it goes cheers seems strange no one else has had this message :S

Ivor_Monkey 21:43 30 Oct 2003

I thought it simply meant that you (or previous user) hadn't signed out properly.

AubreyS 21:47 30 Oct 2003

I get the same message when I sign in on one pc then sign in on another without signing out on the first one.

RJKnight 22:09 30 Oct 2003

Windows Messenger has a nasty habit of exposing itself as an unpopular program...

It is one of Microsoft's wonderful untold security breaches. The program leaves a gaping hole in your internet security whilst it is loaded - so PLEASE do not use this program.

I recommend click here - use their 'Shoot the Messenger' program to disable this shocking piece of software.

Ciaran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone