MSN MESSENGER ERROR CODE 8100030d

Minxster 20:34 13 Mar 2008

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?
My son like most youngster uses MSN Messenger to communicate but he's not been able to log onto his account for a few days it comes up with the error code 8100030d. I have recently installed an update to my AVG anti virus and now have AVG Internet Security Suite and thought this might be the problem but having followed the instructions for the fire wall etc its still coming up with the same error code. I can log onto my own MSN messenger it just appears to be my son's account that's blocked. I have put this code into Google and came up with a list of instructions like clearing the Contacts cache folder/messenger email address etc but its still not working. Does anyone have any ideas? If I can't get this to work he just left with starting a new account but he's not wanting to that as his contacts are all in his old one.

Joe R 20:37 13 Mar 2008
  Minxster 18:24 14 Mar 2008

Hi Joe R,

Tried that still no joy, did get in working for a time today but I its stopped again, its really strange that only my son's account has stopped working.

stuart_in_soca 04:35 23 Mar 2008

hi,

had same problem. IN AVG there is a icon "Web Shiled", open that and you see highlighted buttons for IM protection, and then "MSN" underneath

Unclick the MSN button

No clue why it does not let my current version of MSN work. Configured virus scanning in MSN as well.

Stu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone