msn messenger

helpingf 13:35 01 May 2006

msn problem when my online signs in you hear the sound and pops up at corner well mine has stopped doing that done sound and alerts all tick reinstall still won't make sounds when my online signs in

VoG II 13:40 01 May 2006

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds tabbed. Check that MSN sounds are working there.

helpingf 13:45 01 May 2006

done that Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds tabbed. Check that MSN sounds are working there.all sounds are working except for when online signs in pop up at corner sound

VoG II 13:48 01 May 2006

In MSN Messenger check Tools > Options, Alerts and Sounds.

helpingf 13:52 01 May 2006

yes done that as well all ticked also reinstall

VoG II 21:27 01 May 2006

Bump!

helpingf 21:54 01 May 2006

it is so annoying when i don't hear my msn when online signs in all i see is the pop up but no sounds even when you type message to online and online sends back message still no sound

ACOLYTE 23:33 01 May 2006

Try changing the sign in sound for something else and see if it works then,if it does then it maybe the sound file you were using is corrupted.Also make sure that the sound you have assigned to it is where it is supposed to be,if it should be in the media folder,check to see if it is actually there,and play the sound by clicking it, it should play,if it doesnt it's faulty.

DieSse 23:44 01 May 2006

Try disabling the sounds, start messenger, close it - then later on re-enabling them. I've seen many cases where the settings seem to get mixed up.

helpingf 13:16 03 May 2006

yes the sounds there and it does work i even change the sounds still not work but everything else likes o the winks makes sounds but not when my contact when signin online and i had that before upgrade to msn 7-5 and it stopped it's so annoyin cos i miss hearing the sound when online signs in

rsinbad 14:39 03 May 2006

If you are sure all your setting are correct then you need to reinstall; but remove all traces of msn messenger using add and remove then disc clean up also remove registry entries.
be sure to make a backup of your registry before any alterations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?