MSN linked to Internet Explorer?

Ronyap 17:48 20 Feb 2007

Hi all,

I have not been able to log in to MSN lately. I have had this problem before, and the solution was to just leave it. However, this time round, it was not just a matter of time.

I went to 'Troubleshoot' when trying to sign in to MSN, and everything was green ticked apart from 'IE Settings' or something and 'Ports'. I know very little about ports, so I decided to take on 'IE Settings'. So I thought there was something wrong with my Internet Explorer 7, although I doubted it, as I thought 'How does Internet Explorer have any connections with MSN'. Firefox is my default Internet browser so if anything, it would have been that first. And so, I fired up Internet Explorer, and realised that the homepage 'Windows Live' thing did not appear, but instead some message telling me to make sure that 'Work Offline' is not ticked in the 'Tools' Section. Apparently, it WAS ticked. I wonder who... Anyways, I unticked it, tried MSN and to my surprise, it worked, and I logged on.

So my final question is whether Internet Explorer has a connection with MSN, and how?

Its not very important, but I am just curious ^^.

Thanks

birdface 19:29 20 Feb 2007

It might be better to turn your windows live off,it might stop it happening again,MSn .Tools. Options.Untick show windows live to-day.Apply, Ok

birdface 19:33 20 Feb 2007

If it happens again,At the bottom of the Option page,You have connections,Just press refresh on that see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017