MSN Hotmail not using default browser

marbleblue 08:55 01 Oct 2006

I recently downloaded & installed Slimbrowser onto my system. During the installation proccess, I was asked if I would like to make it my default browser, to which I answered yes. however when I log in to my MSN account and click the Hotmail icon on the main window, it still opens my hotmail in IE. Is there any way to make it open with Slimbrowser instead?

STREETWORK 09:04 01 Oct 2006

Remove the homepage from IE which could be set to MSN.

Next find the MSN exe file, right click it and select open with...Slimbrowser. You will have to seach for the browser exe file

marbleblue 09:10 01 Oct 2006

In retrospect, I don't think my description was terribly clear. By 'logging in to my MSN account' I meant opening Windows Live Messenger and signing into that. Also, by 'click the Hotmail icon' I meant clicking the Hotmail button on the logged-in Windows Live Messenger window.

Also, I've run the search tool and it can't find msn.exe

Hope this clears things up

STREETWORK 09:34 01 Oct 2006

Ahh...

msn.exe if actually called dw.exe and can be found in the programs folder under MSN Messenger. If it does not work post back... I will be offline for a while due to upgrading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?