MSN Explorer not working and Searches Redirected

Mechtal01 22:55 12 Sep 2007

Hello all
Anybody able to help with: I upgraded Norton Antivitus to Norton 360 about a week ago and since then have been unable to use MSN explorer: it simply won't login. But Internet Explorer works-and the if I search with Google the search is often redirected to a different site to the one I've asked for,and the Back button doesn't work. I've done a virus scan and had to uninstall XsoftSpy (which I used against Spyware) as it conflicts with Norton 360-which theoretically has antispyware.
I've checked Internet Connections and firewall settings and these seem to be fine.
Thanks for any ideas.

Brad G 10:34 13 Sep 2007

i dont have one good word about norton.... its a system resource hog, hates other programs, is over keen on removing things from your system which it sees as malicious but could just be a tool you have downloaded.. it doesnt find everything, has many services and never uninstalls cleanly..

its like nike trainers.... you pay for a name... but after a short while they fall to bits

martjc 13:19 13 Sep 2007

... Norton was a good program when it WAS Norton. Now Symantec are running the shebang there are all sorts of problems - I think it's just got too complex for 'em. Maybe they should bring Peter Norton out of retirement just to [put things right] tee hee!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?