MSN Customer Verification e-mail

hugh-265156 01:57 06 Mar 2005

Hi folks. I have a had and used a free hotmail account with an @ msn address for about two years now and I and received this e-mail from '[email protected] msn.net' a few days ago click here

Feeling brave :-) I clicked the link in the e-mail and this opened a page asking for my name address and credit/debit card information that I used to sign up with. The page address was not HTTPS: (as below) so I went no further. Now, when I click on the link today in the e-mail I find the page cannot be displayed.

The link in the e-mail above 'update information' is: 'http:/ /click here @msn.com' (sorry I don't have a screenshot for this page)

I have sent an e-mail to MSN support asking if they sent this e-mail to me but have yet to get a reply?

Does this seem genuine enough to you? Why should MSN need my credit or debit card information now when I have never gave them this information before? It's a free account and I only signed up with my .net passport as far as I can remember. Name, address and location was all I remember filling in to sign up for a .net passport?

Have I lost the plot somewhere? Sorry if I'm being a bit to cautious.

Ta.

hugh-265156 02:04 06 Mar 2005

Sorry the update information address turned into a click here. tried hard not to do this DOH!

Meshuga 08:28 06 Mar 2005

huggyg71, Do NOT give the details asked for. This is obviously a scam. Repeat, Ignore it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)