MSN Contact List

NSBT 22:52 27 Dec 2007

If I block one of my contacts on MSN, can they see whether I'm on line or not?

I don't want to block and delete them as I will be chatting with them at some point, but I don't want them to know when I'm always on line.

rdave13 00:04 28 Dec 2007

All I can suggest is that when you log in to MSN to the right of your name is an arrow so click on it for the drop down menu. Click on 'appear off line'. No one will be able to 'see' you online except those you contact.
You, though will be able to see all on line, except those that will appear to be off line. Err, if you see what I mean.

NSBT 00:12 28 Dec 2007

Thx rdave

I tried that, but each time I log onto msn, it show's I'm online untill I change the settings to show "appear off line"

When I log onto MSN, that's when it shows I've just come online, which is what I trying to prevent.

brundle 00:16 28 Dec 2007

Blocked contacts can't see you online

rdave13 00:31 28 Dec 2007

Ok. On MSN startup I have 'remember me' box ticked. Remember password, ticked. Sign me in automatically , unticked. When I sign in I get a pop-up asking 'your current status (appearing off line). Do you want to change your status to online? I tick the box no. Do you get this?
If not try updating to Windows Live Messenger.
Once logged in select tool, general tab and untick the box for automatically running MSN when I log on to Windows.

NSBT 00:49 28 Dec 2007

rdave

Cheers mate, I don't get those details, as I never save my sing in name or password, I have to manually type them in each time, however, brundle seems to have answered my question

Thanks guys, much appreciated, I'll tick the green box now as I think I'm sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?