msimn.exe - application error

gcbastin 18:00 30 Sep 2003

Could someone help me cure this error message which I sometimes get after exiting Outlook Express:-

The instruction at "0x77f83905" referenced memory at "0x009a47d8". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. OK.

What does it mean and how can I stop it popping up!

Thank-you.

Lozzy 18:08 30 Sep 2003

Control Panel then add/Remove programms highlight Outlook Express then click Repair..

Chegs ® 18:19 30 Sep 2003
  gcbastin 09:38 05 Oct 2003

Lozzy - thanks for your suggestion. I'm using Windows XP and there is no facility to click on Repair. Infact the only mention of Outlook Express in the Add or Remove Programs column is -Outlook Express Update Q330994. By clicking on Change or Remove a new error message appears - "There was an error trying to uninstall this patch". Maybe the problem lies with the patch?

Chegs ® 21:41 05 Oct 2003

If you click the link in my post above you will find a few suggestions to try.This question has been asked before in PCA Helproom,and a search thru previous threads will I'm sure produce a solution to your prob.I used to get this with OE/MSN Messenger,and I found if I closed Messenger before closing OE the error didn't occur.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone