msiexec.exe & PC Health Advisor

johnincrete 16:21 23 Mar 2011

My daughter's computer running XP Home occaisionally ran very slowly. Task Manager did not show any cpu or memory grabbing process. Now there is a Microsoft dialogue that says that a number of errors occured & now the error reprts are need. The process involved in every case was msiexec. Having sent off the error report, I Googled msiexec & found a page that recommends downloading PC Health Advisor which it says fixes msiexec problems.
WE are in an area that is totally outside my experience or knowledge.
Is it likely that msiexec causes the slow downs?
Is it likely it is in need of repair?
If so, is PC Health Advisor the best approach?
Any advice will be gratefully appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 23 Mar 2011

Some malware camouflage themselves as msiexec.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the msiexec.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

Msiexec.exe is an executable process of Microsoft Installer. It is usually started when you are installing an application, and typically ends after installing the application. It has been known to remain after the application has installed, and can automatically launch at computer startup, where it uses large amounts of system resources. If you have already installed your application, you can stop its running process and disable it, which removes it from startup to prevent it from running.

Stop the Msiexec.exe running process.
To do this, open the Task Manager by pressing "Ctrl," "Alt," and "Delete" together.

Click the "Process" tab. Scroll down and click "Msiexec.exe." Click "End Process" to stop this running process. Close the Task Manager.

Click the Windows "Start" button and click "Run." Type

services.msc

and press "Enter" to open the Services window.

Scroll through the Services window and double-click "Microsoft Installer." Select "Disabled" in the Startup-type window. Click "OK" to save the changes. Close the services window.

Im a diddy 18:53 23 Mar 2011

is it paretologic pc health advisor?

rhmitul 13:00 11 Sep 2011

yes..PC Health Advisor the best approach i use pc health advisor license key its brings together high quality tools in one comprehensive program. This advanced software makes it easy to fix, clean and optimize my computer. PC Health Advisor gets things running right again by ejecting active malware, updating drivers, cleaning your Windows registry, defragmenting the disk, helping you update drivers, finding programs to open file extensions and getting rid of cached information that slows down my PC.

so i suggest PC Health Advisor's main scanning process tells you a lot about the health of your PC – as well as fixing a number of problems. Start with a scan to find malware in active processes, discover risky privacy files, learn how the Windows registry can be fixed and reveal which processes are currently running. Later you can use PC Health Advisor's many advanced tools to tweak your computer for peak performance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?