MSGTAG & Virgin Media

AlanHo 23:45 23 Mar 2011

I use Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 with a POP3 account. I wish to use MSTAG plus to tag Emails which worked fine when I was using the old blueyonder.co.uk Email but which no longer works now that Blueyonder has been replaced by virginmedia.com which is now hosted by Google.

The MSGTAG set up program goes through the motions and reports that it is correctly set up -but tagged message do not get sent.

I have Emailed MSTAG 3 times for support - but have nor received a reply.

Has anyone here got a virginmedia.com Email POP3 account working with MSGTAG - if so - what's the secret.

Andsome 08:17 24 Mar 2011

I use it with Virgin. Have a look at the configurations settings. It does not use the standard port setting. If you uninstall it, and clean up with C Cleaner then reinstall, when going through the configurations it will tell you what port to default to in advanced settings. I cannot help further as I use Windows Live Mail, and the port could be different to that required for Outlook.

Best of luck.

Splodge 07:55 31 Mar 2011

I use Virgin (old Blueyonder) and still use the old blueyonder e-mails.

All of a sudden, I can no longer access my e-mails! Went on their web-site and it was a general fault with promises to fix on a number of occasions but not fulfilled.

Some got their e-mails back but not mine. I was told it would take another 5 days. However they also told me that THEY could not access them either and that I should not have been able to use that address at all during the past year!

I now face the job of contacting nearly 100 of my e-mail connections and changing my details to [email protected]! NOT A QUICK OR EASY TASK, trust me!

Still Virgin have been very generous and given me a £5 credit!

I would love to change to another provider but I am too okd and too tired to go through the whole rigmarole. Must grin and bear it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?