Msconfig - start up - which can I untick

Halmer 09:55 02 Jan 2006

please on my new PC becasue there are loads of the blighters!

VoG II 10:01 02 Jan 2006

Startup lists click here

Gongoozler 10:02 02 Jan 2006

Tell us what they are and we might be able to suggest a few. Meanwhile, this will give you some idea click here

Halmer 10:11 02 Jan 2006

I have: -

jussched
hpsysdrv
NvCpl
Nwiz
KBD
One with a tick but no details!
KBD
Recguard
ccApp
UrlLstCk
ALCXMNTR
ps2
Isburnwatcher
remind_XP
SNDMon
HPWuSch2
DragDiag
HP Digital Imaging
HP Image Zone fast start
Kodak easyshare software
Kodak Software Updater

I've already disabled
iTunesHelper
msmsgs
realsched

It came with Real Player which I've never liked but I dare not uninstall this as it caused me all kinds of problems on my old PC. In addition how do I get rid of the little MS messenger icon please?

VoG II 10:15 02 Jan 2006

Don't disable ccApp - it is Norton AV.

A good place to look click here don't forget to add .exe e.g. ccApp.exe

MS Messenger click here click here

VoG II 10:25 02 Jan 2006
  BRYNIT 10:39 02 Jan 2006

Start up inspector for windows click here helps to advise on what can be disabled in startup.

Gongoozler 10:42 02 Jan 2006

jusched = java automatic updater
hpsysdrv = HP MS Office recovery utility
NvCpl = Nvidia Control Panel
Nwiz = NVIDIA nView Wizard
KBD = Logitech utility which allows you to configure the additional keys on their multimedia keyboard products.
Recguard = A process from HP that prevents a user from deleting or corrupting the WinXP Recovery Partition on Hewlett Packard computers.
ccapp = A process belonging to Norton AntiVirus.
UrlLstCk.exe =A part of the Norton Internet security suite, and is responsible for real-time checking of URL's during your browsign experience. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
alcxmntr = An applivation installed alongside hardware drivers for the Realtek AC97 audio device. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
isburnwatcher = A process which belongs to the HP Updater Utility which connects to the Internet to check for HP product updates.
Remind_XP = A process belonging to the SoftThinks CD Creator CD/DVD Writer amd serves as a reminder to register for full product support.
SNDMon = A process associated with Norton Antivirus application from Symantec. This process should not be removed to ensure that your system security is not breached.
HPWuSch2 - Not sure what this is, but from the name I suspect it's something to do with HP Windows Update Scheduler.
dragdiag = A utility installed with Alcatel aDSL modems. A tray icon is installed with this process which allows quick access to this diagnostic and configuration utility.

Halmer 11:11 02 Jan 2006

Thank you all very much.

Halmer 11:16 02 Jan 2006

Vog

which I think is something to do with Nvidia

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires