msconfig start up tab

Newuser3477 11:20 30 Aug 2011

I have been attempting to change the programmes starting up when opening my pc. Having unticked some items and applied change I get the message"Access denied was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log in as an administrator to make specific changes. I am the administrator and I have signed in as administrator but still get error message. What can I do to effect the changes i want to make on start up thanks

birdface 11:49 30 Aug 2011

Not sure but if using W/7 type msconfig into start box and when it appears right click it and click run as administrator.

Not sure if that will help or not.

onthelimit1 11:50 30 Aug 2011

You may find it easier to turn these programmes off using Tools Startup in CCleaner. If this is not a prog you already have, it's a free download.

Newuser3477 11:30 06 Sep 2011

Thanks for replies. I am running XP so I don't see "run administrator anywhere. have installed and run CCleaner but can't find any reference to Tools Start up just a tab for applications. Any help on this please

onthelimit1 11:42 06 Sep 2011

Blue toolbox down the LHS between Options and Registry. Click that then Startup.

Newuser3477 13:37 06 Sep 2011

Thanks Found it when I closed analysis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?