MSCONFIG

Solva 14:50 10 Apr 2007

Hi all I made changes to the start up menu on MSCONFIG But it seems these settings keep resetting themselves. Doesnt seem to all just a few like aol software and msn messenger. Any ideas?

Thanks

Stuartli 14:55 10 Apr 2007

Did you click on Apply before OK-ing the changes?

moorie- 15:01 10 Apr 2007

try this as an alternative to msconfig for start up

click here

i also recently had an issue where the program (once ran again) appeared in start up,i had to google it to find the solution and make changes within the program for it not to reappear.

uesquebeathus 15:03 10 Apr 2007

they are made in such a way to over write any msconfig changes, they make there software a startup requirement whether you are intending using it or not, like the ms office
if you are doing the changes in both the SERVICES and the STARTUP as well as the registry that should stop them better,
but each time you get an update from either AOL or MSN, the changes you make will be over written again.
try start up control panel from here but remember to back up your registry first.

click here

this site will give you a huge database guide showing which files are from which software and whether it is safe to stop them and how to.
click here

click here

Solva 12:14 14 Apr 2007

Thanks guys still having a few problems with what are legitmimate process have downloaded the control panel just trying to figure out how to configure now.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?