MS Word Template/ Contunuation Page

Dannyb 18:55 01 Jul 2003

I have MS Word XP and have set up a template as a letterhead, however, when I use more than one page in the letter it goes onto another page with the same template, ie. address at the top etc. Is there a way that I can set it so that only the first page is the template and any continuation pages are blank?

Here's hoping. Thanks.

Bramblerose 20:11 01 Jul 2003

Go to page set up, the layout tab and tick different first page. You may have to input your letterhead text again on the first page but it does work

Dannyb 20:47 01 Jul 2003

Sorry Bramblerose, I tried it but each time it just removes the template, if I then open the page with the template it goes back to how it was?? ie. template rolls over onto next page as well........

Kudu 21:08 01 Jul 2003

It sounds as though you have typed your details inside the header. Did you go to View - Header & Footer - then typed in your details). All you need to do, is take your details out of the header i.e. just type your details at the top of a normal page - don't go into the Header and Footer menu - and save this is a template. When you call the template up with your details at the top of the page, as you continue typing on to the next page, no details will appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?