MS Word: print dialogue: number of copies

ancient_hilly 11:25 27 Jun 2004

MS Word randomly remembers the last number of copies I printed when I have a new print job. If I don't pay attention when pressing Ctrl+P and then 'enter' expecting to have a single copy of the current document printed, it is exasperating to find that, say, 50 copies have been printed (The printer is in another room - so there are no visual or sound clues to warn me!). But it doesn't always do this and sometimes even after several later print jobs, it still retains a memory of an earlier job - of course with multiple copies. How can I correct this irrational behaviour to make it default to a single copy unless I tell it otherwise. [The printer default is set to 1 copy]. Any help appreciated from an exasperated user.

VoG II 11:32 27 Jun 2004

Which version of Word are you using?

THE TERMINATOR 12:33 27 Jun 2004

Have you tried checking your printer properties. In Word click on File Menu and choose print. From the dialogue box choose properties and then page set-up, and check the number of copies it is set-up for (should be 1)....TT

Peter 13:02 27 Jun 2004

I think you will find that if you just change the number of copies and nothing else then it will reset to one for the next print run. If however you set the number of copies to say 10 and then go into the printer properties and change the print quality from say standard to high, then the number of copies set as 10 will be remembered. The way round this is to change the quality setting and the adjust the number of copies afterwards, when you have come out of the printer properties dialog.

I hope the above makes sense and is of some help.

Peter.

ancient_hilly 19:18 27 Jun 2004

Thanks everyone. I'm using Word 2002. I'll try setting the 'number of copies'after any changes I make to print quality etc but it still needs me to be awake enough to actually look at the last saved setting. The printer default is 1. I just wish it would keep to this every time I open up the dialogue window. Grrrrhh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?