MS Word Page Layout Question!

I want to write a two column list with a heading at the top which is centralised across the whole page not just the first column. I tried doing the title hitting break and then inserting the two columns but it doesn't appear to have any effect- i get a centralised title and then a long single column of items on the list. Any ideas please?
Silly question I know but it is annoying me!

crosstrainer 07:42 17 May 2009

Create your title heading first.

Then insert your table, choosing the columns you need

This will separate the heading from the columns, and should work...If not post back.

crosstrainer 07:43 17 May 2009

...Should have added: Create AND centralise the heading, then create table :)) (Rugby dinner last night!)

Furkin 08:56 17 May 2009

Hiya Debe,
What I just tried for you is:
I put a title of the page at the top, and centralised it. I then hit the Return a couple of times to separate it from the title, then: highlighted the title > Format > Borders & Shading > Box > OK. This puts a box around the title, which you may or may not want – but read on.
Then I hit Format > Columns > Two.

This gave the title centralised on the whole page, & two separate columns underneath it. If you like, you can then go back & remove the box around the title if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?