MS Word - Enter Key behaviour

STRETFORDEND08 08:55 04 Feb 2009

Hi, im using Word 2003 SP3, and lately if your using Print Layout view, when you press the enter key, the cursor moves to the bottom of the page. If using Normal View, the enter key acts as normal (drops down one line). I have tried restoring default settings, and even completely reinstalled Word and updated to SP3 but it still does it.

Any ideas please?

MAJ 09:41 04 Feb 2009

It could be a corruption in Word's Global Template (normal.dot), it's known to be pretty flaky at times. The best way to cure that is to either rename normal.dot to something like normal.old or delette it altogether. I usually delete it. To that end, close Word and do a search of your hard drive for all files named "normal.dot" (omit the quote marks), sometimes there will be more than one normal.dot file.
When they have all been deleted, restart Word, which will create a new, clean normal.dot file, see if it helps.
Normal.dot is a hidden file, so when searching your hard drive for it, make sure you are viewing and searching in Hidden files and Folders as well. To view hidden files, go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View and tick the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option, click Apply and OK to exit.

STRETFORDEND08 12:05 04 Feb 2009

thankyou, i will give that a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017