MS Word 2000..... bet this tests your brains

blue_cafe 21:51 17 Sep 2003

Listen guy's..... I need to change the font colour to red (every other word) from the following text:

How the hell do I do this

the (red)
do (red)
do (red)

I know to highlight each word in turn and choose 'red' from the colour font button.... but, and this is the test.... how can you highlight each 'individualy' word without cancelling the previous one out? You can't ctrl+A because this hightlights the whole text!

Heads together guy's...help me out here, it's a pain in the butt having to highlight each other word and then change the colour....

how the hell do i do this?

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:57 17 Sep 2003

Left click, hold, drag across word,let go of rodent button, change colour. Proceed to next word, repeat.

OTOH You could highlight all of the text, change to red and then highlight every other word and change to black This will avoid having to change every other word to red.

G

Jester2K II 21:57 17 Sep 2003

In Word 2002

CTRL + H brings up Find and replace

Find what: red

Replace what: red (keep the cursor here)

Then hit the More button

Replace Format, Font, Set Font Colour to Red.

Hit "Replace All"

Volia!!! all reds become red...

Jester2K II 22:03 17 Sep 2003

or have i misread????

Bramblerose 22:03 17 Sep 2003

If you highlight the first word you need to change and change it to red, the double click on the format painter (make sure you double click) then then format paint each word you want to make red.

blue_cafe 22:04 17 Sep 2003

Thanks Jester...........Neil.

Bramblerose 22:05 17 Sep 2003

to format paint each word, double click it - as long as you have double clicked the format paint icon, it will work

blue_cafe 22:08 17 Sep 2003

thanks myte.....

Jester2K II 22:11 17 Sep 2003

"double click it" - nice!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?