MS Updates (KB951847?) - large ?

johndrew 12:15 11 Feb 2009

Was it my imagination or were this months updates very large?

I set the PC to update and went for my usual cup of tea whilst it was getting on with the job, and when I returned my connection window showed something in the order of 250MB of downloaded data. I didn`t notice any other information on size only the total which had been downloaded.

birdface 12:19 11 Feb 2009

probably got the net Framework 3.5 in amongst the rest of the updates.

hiwatt 12:23 11 Feb 2009

I only got this months malicious software removal tool and an update roll up for activeX kill bits.No need to reboot.

Taff™ 12:33 11 Feb 2009

butemans got it - 248 Mb on it`s own.

anskyber 12:53 11 Feb 2009

Yep and oddly it would only load for me (successfully) if once the install starts I then go the the notification shield and choose install. It then said it had failed but a couple of minutes later on the install window it began to install.

provider 2 13:05 11 Feb 2009

"There is a bug with our progress bar that shows that it will sometimes freeze when installing 3.5. Rest assured that 3.5 has not stalled but does take a significant amount of time to install."

(Weston Hutchins MSTF quoted from click here )

Spark6 14:30 11 Feb 2009

Same as hiwatt.

johndrew 16:16 11 Feb 2009

Interesting. I guess it must have been NET Framework 3.5 (KB951847) that raised the size. At least I had no problems with the installation - well, that I saw - as some people seemed to have.

Nor does this site suffer the kind of language used in one of the posts in provider 2`s link - thankfully. I can understand the frustration of those who had problems with the update, but then look at SP3.

Thanks for responding everyone I hope this information helps others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?