Was it my imagination or were this months updates very large?
I set the PC to update and went for my usual cup of tea whilst it was getting on with the job, and when I returned my connection window showed something in the order of 250MB of downloaded data. I didn`t notice any other information on size only the total which had been downloaded.
Yep and oddly it would only load for me (successfully) if once the install starts I then go the the notification shield and choose install. It then said it had failed but a couple of minutes later on the install window it began to install.
Interesting. I guess it must have been NET Framework 3.5 (KB951847) that raised the size. At least I had no problems with the installation - well, that I saw - as some people seemed to have.
Nor does this site suffer the kind of language used in one of the posts in provider 2`s link - thankfully. I can understand the frustration of those who had problems with the update, but then look at SP3.
Thanks for responding everyone I hope this information helps others.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.