MS Safe Mode

JWallis 21:12 14 Mar 2007

I went into Safe Mode on my laptop and now I cannot get out of it. I tried to boot from the CD but that made things worse! The laptop is now locked in the Safe Mode screen and will not be unlocked.

VoG II 21:21 14 Mar 2007

Assuming that you can get into Windows, even if in Safe Mode then Start, Run, type

msconfig

and click OK.

On the General tab tick 'Normal Startup' and on the Boot.Ini tab make sure /SAFEBOOT is NOT ticked. OK your way out and restart.

JWallis 21:32 14 Mar 2007

Unfortunately it does not get that far. It stops at the black screen which says "Safe mode" at each corner and Microsoft Windows etc along the top.

VoG II 21:39 14 Mar 2007

Try a repair click here

JWallis 21:52 14 Mar 2007

I think I may have to reinstall XP. How can I get that to happen.

VoG II 21:54 14 Mar 2007
  JWallis 21:55 14 Mar 2007

The system is going round in circles. When I try to reboot from the CD I get a meesage saying Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Set up will restart. And it all starts up again.

JWallis 21:55 14 Mar 2007

The system is going round in circles. When I try to reboot from the CD I get a meesage saying Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Set up will restart. And it all starts up again.

Hwaqar1234 15:44 15 Mar 2007

laptop is gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?