Hello friends, I desparately need an MS Project Professional 2007 trial version, not 2010 yet. It appears impossible to get on the internet, even though 2010 is readily available. Can anyone help me get the trial software (MS Project Prof. 2007) with a .mpp extension? What I find on the internet is one with a .img extension. Please help. Thanks.
An 'img' file is a CD image which needs to be expanded to CD. MS instructions for it are:
To install this download:
1. Register to receive your product key: click here (you will receive a link to the product key within an email after registration).
2. Download the CD image file by clicking the Download button (above) and save the file to your hard drive.
3. Expand the ProjectProfessional.IMG file to a blank CD using the software of your choice. If you do not already have software to do this, we suggest you look at Windows Marketplace and choose from the list displayed.
4. Install Project Professional 2007 from the CD you just burned, and enter your product key when prompted.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
6. After successfully creating a CD, you can delete the file from your hard drive.
Use something like Nero, Roxio or CDBurnerXP click here to create a disk image to CD. If it doesn't recognise the 'img' file extension then change it to 'iso' which might work as they're supposed to be the same thing.