MS Power Point e-mail attachment

northumbria61 11:15 03 Mar 2010

I have been sent an e-mail with photo attachments.
However they have been forwarded using Power Point Slide Show which means they open immediately into a slide show.

I have saved the folder/file attachment but I would like to import it into either Picasa or Photoshop Elements to allow me to edit and then burn to CD.

I've never had a problem with importing pictures but with this being a slide show there doesn't appear to be an option to import.

Anyone with any experience of this please?

Ian in Northampton 11:25 03 Mar 2010

I think you might be stuffed... :-( The idea of .pps is, I think, that you can look at PowerPoint slides, but not edit them (e.g. extract the images): MS want you to pay for that functionality... Can you not get whoever created the original PowerPoint file to send you the images?

I may be wrong on all this, though. You may want to wait for someone who knows more...

northumbria61 11:31 03 Mar 2010

I had just about come to the conclusion that it was not possible due to the "greyed out" areas in IMPORT and I am pleased to hear your comments. No I don't think you are wrong - in fact I think we are BOTH right.

Yes it will be possible to have the images sent to me again.

Thanks once again for "convincing" me.

Sea Urchin 11:41 03 Mar 2010

You should approach it from the opposite direction. Open your PowerPoint program - then select Open an existing presentation, then navigate to the slide show file and open it. You will then be able to access each slide individually from the list on the left, and do with them what you will.

Woolwell 11:46 03 Mar 2010

I thinks that depends on whether you have PowerPoint or just PowerPoint Viewer.

northumbria61 11:51 03 Mar 2010

Thanks very much Sea Urchin - I understand what you mean - I will give it a go.

Woolwell - I have PowerPoint

Ian in Northampton 11:57 03 Mar 2010

Ah, you have PowerPoint... I think that makes a big difference. Can you rename the file from .pps to .ppt? And then open it with PowerPoint?

Sea Urchin 12:10 03 Mar 2010

The problem is not opening the file - that already happens. The question was about stopping it opening as a slide show, and extracting the images - and I have explained how to do that above.

And by the way both .pps and .ppt files open with PowerPoint - so no purpose in changing the extension.

Ian in Northampton 12:11 03 Mar 2010

Sea Urchin: oh, OK. Live and learn and all that...

northumbria61 12:20 03 Mar 2010

Sea Urchin -

Followed your advice and approached it from "the opposite direction" - Individual pics/slides now into Picasa which I will edit and then burn to cd/dvd.

Thanks to all for the advice. This one I couldn't work out for myself.

Sea Urchin 12:57 03 Mar 2010

Good to hear - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?