MS Outlook XP questions

Rhuddlan 18:02 04 Oct 2005

I have purachased Office XP and was wonderning how to set MS Outlook to start up in the taskbar at startup so it can tell me if I have any new e mails. Also how do I set it up so it can tell me when people I have e mailed and recieved and read my e mails? Thanks for any help in advance, Rhuddlan. Forgot to ask, if I wanted to make another copy of this, how would I do that?

johnnyrocker 18:11 04 Oct 2005

configure it's properties to start when pc does or internet configure mail settings to ask for receipt (the receiver will still have the option not to) so i am not quite sure how much use that would be to you, i know of no other way of checking when mail has been received and read.

johnny.

VoG II 18:14 04 Oct 2005

Drag a copy of the icon into the Startup folder.

You can use msgtag click here to track e-mails.

Don't understand the last question.

Rhuddlan 18:16 04 Oct 2005

Thanks for the help, will give it a go, by the last question I mean, a friend wants a copy, I have never copied another program before, how would I do it?

VoG II 18:18 04 Oct 2005

That would break the terms of the licence agreement.

Rhuddlan 18:19 04 Oct 2005

I know, and I know that is illegal, but how would I do it?

Rhuddlan 21:50 04 Oct 2005

?

VoG II 21:54 04 Oct 2005

Please read the forum policy.

Rhuddlan 21:55 04 Oct 2005

I will take my questions elsewhere. At the end of the day I'm sure most users on this forum do exatley what I want to, and know how, as I am a beginner to this subject, I am asking for help.

VoG II 22:46 04 Oct 2005

Why are you so determined to become a ciminal?

Rhuddlan 22:49 04 Oct 2005

I'm not, look like I said I just want some help with giving my friend a copy of Office XP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?