MS Outlook backup error

twitcher 13:45 03 Feb 2008

I use MS Outlook 2003 as a diary and as a historical record of past events. I back up the Calendar monthly using File Import/Export to a “Backup.pst" file which is then copied to a backup DVD.

My computer failed recently and I had to reinstall Outlook and import the Backup.pst file. On looking at the Calendar I found that a large number of entries had duplicated themselves many times, for example an entry for 11.00 am on 5 March contained over 300 multiple entries for the same appointment, yet other appointments for different times on the same day were correctly displayed.

Has anybody any idea as to how this has happened, and can anybody suggest a way of removing the multiple entries other than holding down the “Delete” key and continuously clicking on the diary entry until only one remains?

Woolwell 15:15 03 Feb 2008

Looks like it has to be done manually click here

twitcher 20:46 03 Feb 2008

Many thanks Woolwell, although it has to be done manually, it's a hell of a lot quicker than the method I was using - a good tip!

wee eddie 21:53 03 Feb 2008

click here

click here

I have an automated weekly back-up set which sits in My Documents which I then Back-up on a regular basis. Well not as regularly as I should!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?