MS Outlook 2003 - Reverse Date in Subject Field

RE1772 16:52 03 Oct 2006

I want to be able to place the date in reverse order in the subject line of new emails when I press a button on the toolbar. The format of the date should read '20061003' for the 3rd Oct 2006 - I know i should be able to use a macro or write VB scipt, bit i am not that clever - please help - many thanks

wee eddie 17:17 03 Oct 2006

06.10.03 - subject.

It's easier to read and there will not be a filing problem for the next 94 years or so.

I'll leave the technical stuff to others

RE1772 18:49 03 Oct 2006

Thanks, the actual date format is flexible, as long as it reads back to front - what i am really after is the techy stuff, that will assign it to a button

RE1772 18:50 03 Oct 2006

Thanks, the actual date format is flexible, as long as it reads back to front - what i am really after is the techy stuff, that will assign it to a button

RE1772 18:50 03 Oct 2006

RE1772 18:52 03 Oct 2006

See - I cant even press the button once!!!! LOL - sorry for the duplication :-)

picklefactory 09:51 04 Oct 2006

Might I ask why you need to add the date to the subject line, is the 'Sent' or 'Received' date column of no use?

RE1772 12:52 04 Oct 2006

Whilst i understand that principle, it is a corporate policy that i must follow. Essentially it is for when the email is saved to a file server rather than kept in the email client. Also it shows the date when the original email was written in the subject rather than the date when the latest thread was received or sent - thanks

picklefactory 15:53 04 Oct 2006

Is this only for emails that you send? Or on received emails too?
I can get Outlook to automatically fill the subject field with todays date on sending, but only in std date format. The code below will do that, maybe some cleverer people than me can tinker with it to get the extra.

Private Sub Application_ItemSend _
(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strMessage As String
Dim lngRes As Long
Item.Subject = Date
End Sub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?