MS Office, Outlook's Contact database

wee eddie 23:28 31 Mar 2014

Is it only me.

I am stuck with buying Office because I can find no way of exporting Outlook's Contact Database to another program.

Or, does someone know how a simpleton may achieve this task

wee eddie 23:29 31 Mar 2014

You see, FE, I'm a good boy and have not used the Dollar Sign!

wiz-king 07:18 01 Apr 2014

There are other contact managers out there.

Woolwell 07:29 01 Apr 2014

What other program do you want to export to?

onthelimit1 08:56 01 Apr 2014

You can export Outlook contacts to most email programs. As an example, to Windows Live Mail. Similar guides are online for the others.

1]: [click here

wee eddie 10:31 01 Apr 2014

It's not just their eMail Address, Telephone Number, Home and Work Addresses, as far as I can see that's not a problem, it's all the backup information that each Contact contains.

For example: My Power Company page has the consumption details for the last 4 years (had I not regularly truncated it, it could have held 18 years details. My friends Pages contain all their Children's birthdays, previous spouses, hobbies, foibles and useful notes about their lifestyle.

Now that I am retired, I've cut it down, from well over 1000 Individuals and Companies, to just below 500, but that's still a huge quantity of information that I don't want to loose.

Woolwell 10:44 01 Apr 2014

Have you tried exporting it as a csv file (windows) and then opening it in a spreadsheet?

clarkkent 07:28 03 Apr 2014

Hi Wee Eddie,

Microsoft Outlook provides a feature called “Import or Export” and by using this option, you can export the entire database of MS-Outlook. You can export Outlook database (contacts) in various different formats like:

*DOS *CSV *MS-Access *MS-Excel *PST

Even through Export option, user can save their crucial data into the external drive so they can use it in future.

For more about Export in MS-Outlook: *1***">[click here think, you should go with MS-Office as its one of the powerful email client application with tons of features.

Thanks Clark Kent

I

wee eddie 11:00 03 Apr 2014

Hi clarkkent: I have used MS Office and Outlook through many iterations, exported and imported it across different versions and computers.

However, what I have yet to find is somewhere to put that whole page of notes that accompanies all those obvious things such as eMail Address and Telephone Number

Woolwell 11:05 03 Apr 2014

I've just checked and notes are exported in a csv file and can be read in a spreadsheet.

Where do you want to transfer the notes to?

wee eddie 15:54 03 Apr 2014

Woolwell: I am prepared to consider any Program, similar to Outlook, but that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!

All I want to do is to be able to access everyone's details in a single place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?