MS Office Outlook not working

forgotit 15:22 11 Jan 2006

After downloading the latest Norton and Windows XP updates unable to send e mails. Restored to previous setting and all ok.

Any others had the problem please?

Mick

recap 15:34 11 Jan 2006

You may have to go in to Norton and Window (firewall) to configure Outlook access again. The updates may have disabled the permissions for Outlook.

Damn Machine 15:43 11 Jan 2006

I got an uodate yesterday that reset Outlooks firewall settings. Ok'd it and no problems.

sunny staines 15:44 11 Jan 2006

I had this my fix was to delete norton via the control panel add/remove. then reinstall norton from the cd redownload all the updates and all now works ok.

i followed all the norton web advice none of which worked.

forgotit 19:41 11 Jan 2006

Thanks for the help. Tried altering the permissions and everything kept locking up. Eventually re-installed it all but what a pain even if it is ok now..

Cheers
Mick

sunny staines 20:50 11 Jan 2006

forgotit

I know I tried norton download fixes,resetting permissions,registry changes all failed till i did the reinstall

sannaz 20:57 11 Jan 2006

Had a similar problem - ended up having to remove Norton Internet Security 2005. Looking at a number of usergroups found that lots of people are having problems with Norton.

I have had Norton on 3 computers (all preinstalled) and always had problems which required removal of Norton products.

Suggest you remove NIS 2005 and use something less troublesome instead. Personally I have never had a problem with AVG (Free or professional).

Good luck

forgotit 21:03 11 Jan 2006

Thanks for the help. My son here and one in the USA use AVG without any problems so might follow suit.

Cheers
Mick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017