MS Office license limits

Amer 00:29 02 Sep 2006

Hi I have an original copy of MS Office XP purchased from PC World a while back and run it on my desktop and laptop. I have now brought my kids a computer for homework etc, can I load my copy of MS Office on that machine as well? Are there limits on how many computers I can load this software on before MS reject my activation attempts.

Any help appreciated

Kind regards

Amer Khalil

Forum Editor 00:35 02 Sep 2006

you can't install the software on a third computer. Your licence allows you to install on one PC and one laptop only.

If you try to activate on a third machine you'll be directed to a Microsoft activation desk, and you'll be asked to explain why you are trying to activate the software on a third computer.

Diodorus Siculus 00:36 02 Sep 2006

If the student and teacher edition then 3 machines can have it; otherwise just on one.

In practice though I think it will activate on more than one.

Diodorus Siculus 00:37 02 Sep 2006

Sorry, didn't realise it was already on 2 machines.

terryf 06:04 02 Sep 2006

click here This is as near to Office as you can get and it is FREE, similar look and feel to Office and you can put it on your kids PC and leave the Msoft office on your PC and laptop

Simsy 07:35 02 Sep 2006

permission that Diodorus Siculus refers to, for the Student and Teacher version, came into effect, I think, with the 2003 version.

I'm pretty sure it didn't apply until then, i.e. it wont apply with the XP version.

As usual, I'm open to correction!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 07:37 02 Sep 2006

at a good price, (though not as good as open office!), from here;

click here

Regards,

Simsy

Amer 09:58 02 Sep 2006

thank you all for your help will get student one

Taff™ 10:07 02 Sep 2006

£75 from PC World at the moment - 3 user licence Colloect at store click here

kdt 10:38 02 Sep 2006

wouldn't it be better before spending money to get the info from the horse's mouth...contact microsoft and get advice or buy from them if they have offers?

terryf 12:12 02 Sep 2006

Have a look at open office before spending hard-earned, you may be surprised how look-alike it is and files can be transfered from office, I am not sure about other way but a google or someone on forum will advise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?