MS Office install query

tAtu*! 13:00 09 Apr 2010

Hi all

I currently have MS Office 2007 home/student installed om my computer. My work now runs a scheme with MS where I can get MS Office 2007 Enterprise for Free.

Basically the Enterprise has more features than my version, so I was wondering if I would need to do a clean install of MS Office Enterprise or could I instal it with Home and Student edition just adding the features I have not already got i.e. Outlook, Groove, Access etc.

Thanks

rawprawn 15:00 09 Apr 2010

I would uninstall your version first, and then do a clean install of the Enterprise version to avoid any problems.

northumbria61 16:40 09 Apr 2010

I personally have MS Office 2007 Enterprise which as you say does contain a lot more than 2007 Home/Student - in fact 10 programs altogether.

I had it running alongside MS Office 2003 without any problems for quite a while - however as you don't need two versions I would go with the advice of rawprawn

Forum Editor 16:59 09 Apr 2010

is to do a clean install, provided the version you receive will do that. It may be an upgrade version, in which case the installer will look for a previously-installed qualifying version of Office.

You can still get around this by uninstalling your existing version, and then, when the new version says it can't find a previous version, and asks you where it is, put the Home/Student version DVD in the drive and point it to that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?