MS Office install

denali 10:28 20 Sep 2006

I ran a previous thread on Excel to which I had a wonderful response. My daughter has MS Office Pro 2003 installed on her laptop. It was very expensive (almost as much as her laptop). Would/is it legal for me to installed it on my desktop using her disk?

Strawballs 10:31 20 Sep 2006

No I'm afraid not unless your daughter has a mulitipul liecence it can only be used on 1 machine at a time.

VoG II 10:45 20 Sep 2006

I think you'll find that MS Office can be installed on a laptop as well as a desktop. You need to read the EULA.

denali 10:53 20 Sep 2006

VoG™. Thank you I have "Taken the bull by the horns" and tried it. It now appears to be installing, accepted the product key and is on its way!

denali 11:51 20 Sep 2006

I realise I have clicked resolved to this, but maybe it will help someone else. Office installed perfectly and I have just downloaded all the updates. It appears you were right (again) VoG™. Thank you

denali 11:52 20 Sep 2006

I realise I have clicked resolved to this, but maybe it will help someone else. Office installed perfectly and I have just downloaded all the updates. It appears you were right (again) VoG™. Thank you

denali 11:53 20 Sep 2006

Whoops!!!

anskyber 12:38 20 Sep 2006

He is usually right! click here is a copy of the EULA there are many variations so you might want to have it confirmed by choosing the right product click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?