MS Office icons

geedad 18:11 31 Dec 2007

I am using MS Office 97 Pro. At one time, it loaded up without the annoying icons displayed on the right of the screen.
I can minimize this then cancel it and it goes away but only until the next time I start the PC.
I find it more a nuisance than an advantage.
Can I permanently delete this?
geedad

VoG II 18:24 31 Dec 2007

Q7. How do I remove the Office Shortcut Bar in Office 97 for Windows if I decide that I do not want to use it?

A7. To remove the Office Shortcut Bar in Office 97 for Windows, follow these steps: 1. Quit the Office Shortcut Bar. To do this, click the control box in the left uppermost corner of the Office Shortcut Bar, and then click Exit.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Click the Install/Uninstall tab.
4. Click Microsoft Office 97, Professional Edition or click Microsoft Office 97, Standard Edition, and then click Add/Remove.
5. In the Office 97 for Windows Setup program, click Add/Remove.
6. Click Office Tools, and then click Change Option.

In the window that appears, the check box that is next to Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar is selected.
7. Click to clear the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar check box, and then click OK.
8. Click Continue.

From click here

DieSse 18:26 31 Dec 2007

When you close it (don't minimize it) - if I remember rightly, there is a message appears, and a tick box, that allows it to be permanently deleted, or to come back on a restart.

Eric10 18:29 31 Dec 2007

I remember something similar to what DieSse says but just to stop it opening when Windows starts click here

geedad 00:19 01 Jan 2008

VoG™
When I clicked on the control box in the left upper-most corner of the Office Shortcut Bar, then clicked on EXIT, I had a message which asked if I wanted the S/C Bar to not show when I next started Windows. So I didn't complete your suggestion, but next time I Start, I will let you know if it has gone forever!
DieSse
Eric10
Thanks for youe contributions.
geede

geedad 00:52 01 Jan 2008

VoG™
It worked as I stated in my last posting. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?