MS Office 97 installation problems

Oncloud9 16:26 13 Oct 2003

Hi.
Ive just bought MS office 97 professional which now appears to be an upgrade edition. I am currently trying to install it on win98 second edition, but keep encountering a problem when it scans my hard drive for qualifying programmes, I do have MS works suite with works 6.0 however this is not being detected hence I cannot install office 97. Has anyone has similar problems or can offer me any advice on how to get aroud the problem. I do not have the original discs for the works suite to re-install that and start from scratch though. Thanks in advance.

bebbo 16:34 13 Oct 2003

Microsoft works and Office are different programs. It seems you have the upgrade for Office 97......i assume its an upgrade disk from an earlier version which you have not got.

Oncloud9 16:39 13 Oct 2003

Yes it is the upgrade disk, and I dont have the full version. I know works is different however, I was told that if I had certain programmes like works6.0 then that would be classed as the qualifying programme to enable me to install the full version for the disk that I do have, but im experiencing problems doing this.

Djohn 16:43 13 Oct 2003

I don't think that "Works" will be regarded as a qualifying product for Office 97, even if it does you will need the actual CD to insert during the install of 97. Office 95 is a qualifying product to upgrade from. j.

graham√ 17:01 13 Oct 2003

Get your money back.

mark e 17:05 13 Oct 2003

You need office 95 to qualify for that upgrade, you need to either take it back for a refund or buy the full version.

Mark

Border View 20:01 13 Oct 2003

Just a word of caution. When I first got my computer a couple of years ago it came with Microsoft Worksuite 2000 which I duly installed. In my ignorance I also installed Office 97 Professional and this created all sorts of conflicts. I had to reformat my hdd and start again from the beginning. Decided to dump Worksuite in favour of Office 97.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone