MS Office 2010 document to My Documents

Yimbo 15:09 14 Dec 2013
Answered

I've just created a letter using Office 2010, saved it in this program and printed a copy - but I want to put a copy also in "My Documents".

I can't seem to find how to do this?

Any help?

lotvic 15:24 14 Dec 2013
Answer

Copy and Paste it in.

I would have thought that your Documents Folders was the default save location?

Can you explain what you mean by "created a letter using Office 2010, saved it in this program"

Are you using XP, Vista or Windows 7 or 8 ?

Yimbo 14:57 15 Dec 2013

Huge apologies, lotvic. I had clicked "save" which kept the letter in Office 2010 - but should have clicked "save as". When I did this, yes, it went to "My Documents"! Sorry!

Thank you for your help!

Woolwell 15:11 15 Dec 2013

I'm still puzzled as letters are not saved in Office 2010 but in a default location which is normally My Documents. When you click on Save, instead of Save As, with a new document a similar window to Save as should have opened.

lotvic 18:18 15 Dec 2013

I have the same puzzlement as Woolwell.

Woolwell 19:13 15 Dec 2013

Wonder if it was saved originally to Skydrive?

Yimbo 15:41 16 Dec 2013

Sorry folks - if I've caused confusion! When I said "saved in Office 2010" I meant that the document appeared in "File>Recent". But I see now that the document is actually "saved" in "My Documents" folder.

You'll have gathered that I'm not too proficient at all this! PCA Forums are my ever-dependable helpline!

Thanks again!

lotvic 15:55 16 Dec 2013

Yimbo, thanks for clearing up that little misunderstanding, I am puzzled no more :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017