MS Office 2007 Pro - upgrading trial

justjill 20:49 12 Jan 2010

Hello,

I'm currently using the Office 2007 Professional Trial and have bought the full version off Amazon but when I try to activate the Trial Version it won't accept any of the codes from the Certificate of Authenticity.

I've had a look on click here and it definitely seems to be a genuine product (it has the portholes and the metal strip with 'our passion' printed on it) but the version I've bought from Amazon is "OFFICE PRO 2007 WIN32 ENGLISH INTL NOT TO US CD" and the origin is Ireland - is this the problem?

I'm currently backing up Outlook with the intention of performing a clean install and importing the backed up files but it's taking forever - there are several tens of thousands of emails to be backed up. Is there a quicker way of sorting this out?

Many thanks,
Jill

PS The trial version wants a 25 character product key but none of the codes on the COA contains 25 characters and it says 1s and 0s are not valid characters.

GaT7 20:54 12 Jan 2010

Uninstall the trial version, & install the version you bought. G

MAT ALAN 20:55 12 Jan 2010

click here

might help...

GaT7 20:58 12 Jan 2010

Perhaps the tips here click here may help with the Outlook issue - e.g. spitting the .pst file into smaller ones. G

justjill 21:13 12 Jan 2010

MAT ALAN I think I love you! Thank you so much - it's activated now. Woo!

Thank you Crossbow7, too, for taking the time.

Don't know what I'd do without this place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017