MS Money backing up

Ted-319069 21:02 03 Oct 2006

How do I back up MS Money with my new laptop (and Windows XP) which does not have a floppy disc facility. Despite trying to b/u to the CD/DVD Rewriter a message indicates 'no floppy disc loaded'
After trying to b/u (ignoring the messages) I then get a message advising that I have material awaiting to be loaded to CD/DVD Rewriter! So, I get the backup but it seems a messy way of doing it. Any suggestions?
Loftycapn

keja 22:01 03 Oct 2006

You can use a USB flash drive/thumb drive - MS money does recognise that as a "floppy" suitable for back up.

BRYNIT 22:35 03 Oct 2006

MS Money can not write directly to the disk unless you use a formated CD/DVD-RW disk.

As keja has stated use a flash drive click here

If you go to tools/settings click on backup options tick always backup files to hard disk on exit you can select the flash drive. As long as you remembered to plug the flash drive into the computer before you closing MS Money it will automatically back up the file.

Ted-319069 04:10 06 Oct 2006

Thanks for the inputs 'keja' & 'BRYNIT'. Although I do use a CD-RW disk I will give the CD/DVD a try.
As stated earlier I get the advice post closing MS Money to back up and having done so it appears to have worked! However, its a bit like trying to check that the fridge light is off after closing the door in that to apply the backup I am afraid of losing my current programme!
Thanks again
Loftycapn

Enoch 07:35 06 Oct 2006

I have used all the methods to back up MSmoney using USB flash drive, CD-RW and external hard drive (not all together of course) and in all cases one can see AND open MSmoney on the relative backup and give oneself the peace of mind that the backup is safe

Enoch 07:36 06 Oct 2006

PS---I am a backup freak as I was hurt once and swore "never again"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?