MS FSX

twaine 18:40 19 Oct 2006

Not sure if this is the right place for this post!I recently installed Flight Sim X and had nothing but problems especially with sound files getting corrupted and screen freezing up. Funny thing is that all worked well with the Demo version of SFX. System use is ASUS P4RBT with3.2 GHZ P4, GForce5600 and 1Gb memory, which has served me well for FS9. Would appreciate some help in resolving this problem. Sound files back to normal on a RESTORE.

wotbus@ 18:48 19 Oct 2006

No problem with your specs for this sim. I suspect it's the actual installation which didn't go well. I suggest you uninstall it and then if you can, disable your AV and anything else which runs in the background and try installation again.
Some sound files for simmers don't go too well with Audigy soundcards. A way around this is to ditch the Audigy drivers and use KX Project click here
Good luck ;-)

twaine 19:07 19 Oct 2006

Hi wotbus many thanks for quick rsponse. I did try a reinstall after I removed the DEMO file assuming this could have something to do with the problem but I had no luck. I had not disabled the AV software though so it looks like another reinstall with the AV disabled and a look at the KX Project drivers. Will let you know thr result. kind regards.

twaine 20:28 20 Oct 2006

Just to let you know reinstalled MSFX with AV disabled and sound is now OK. KX Project software looks interesting but I have not tried it. Many thanks again.

wotbus@ 21:04 20 Oct 2006

No problem - Bon Vol ;-)

Jomi 21:26 20 Oct 2006

twaine,
If it's any help I have both FSX (deluxe version)and the demo, both run fine on my system which is very similar to yours.

AMD 3200 (actually runs at 2.2ghz)
Window XP pro sp2.
1gb pc3200 ddr
Radeon 9800
Audigy 2

twaine 22:31 24 Oct 2006

Thanks Jomi.notice you run Radion 9800, do you get goog frame rates with say the default graphic settings. I only manage about 12/15 and aircraft texture not as good as FS9.

Jomi 00:08 14 Feb 2007

Well, I get decent frame rates 15/25, lower in high detail areas but the sliders are well to the left, no autogen at all!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone