MS Flight Sim 2004 -- Resolution set too high

Amalric I 23:33 29 Sep 2004

I am just starting to use MSFS 2000. I accidentily asked it to run at resolution over 768 vertical lines,ie over the limit of my Dell W1700 LCDTV Monitor running with Analog input. Now when I try to run MSFS to set the resolution lower the monitor responds with an error telling me to lower the resolution, thus blocking access to the program to do so.

Amalric I 09:20 06 Oct 2004

This problem has lead to a complete lockup of this machine, through a torturous path, too much so to detail here. Now I have a new machine using an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, with 1GB RAM,320GB disk and an Asus graphics card, running MSWinXP Pro, which will not boot from a bootable floppy, from the XP setup disk or any of the emergency restart disks I had prepared. There is no last good configuration any more. The various disk lights come on, the keyboard lights flicker but absolutely nothing is received at the monitor. There are no post beeps.

I suspect the BIOS has been wiped on the motherboard, though I did nothing which could be expected to do that. Any ideas on how to get started again?

I have another very similar MB [Asus P2C800=E Deluxe], populated with CPU, 256MB of RAM etc which I can scavenge. Or I could just build up the other machine and see if I can recover something from the disks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?